The creator of the 3 Week Diet, Brian Flatt, claims you can lose 23 or more pounds of body fat, cut 2 to 4 inches from your waist, and go down 2 to 3 dress sizes — all within 21 days.
Of course, with those kinds of claims, we have to ask: Does it actually work, or is the program one of those “way too good to be true” scams?
Believe it or not, the program actually does work. But remember how nothing comes free in life? It’s as true with this program as it is with anything else. Yes, the program works, but the tradeoff isyou need to be highly motivated to make do with a lot less food than you might be used to.
And when I say a lot less food, I mean it. You’re going to be eating much less than you normally do!
As you’ll see throughout this 3 Week Diet review, you’ll get out of this program exactly what you put into it. It’s probably for the most motivated people only. If you don’t think you can ignite the fire to hunker down for a few weeks, you might want to take a pass on this diet. But if you count yourself as one of those incredibly motivated people, this diet can work like a charm.
How does the diet work and what will I be doing?
When you buy the course, you’ll get a PDF guide broken up into four manuals:
- INTRODUCTION : Here Brian talks about why we get fat, what you’ll need to do to lose weight fast, and what kinds of foods and supplements you need to lose weight.
- DIET MANUAL : You’ll learn how to calculate lean body mass and body fat percentages, and you’ll learn what to eat and when to eat it.
- WORKOUT MANUAL : This guide gives you full-body exercise routines designed to be completed within 15 minutes. It also includes an ab exercise module.
- MINDSET AND MOTIVATION MANUAL: Brian explains that this manual is here because it’s really important to stay motivated to lose weight. He’ll tell you why proper mindset is important, and he’ll give you strategies to stay motivated.
Throughout the course, you’ll go through four phases for rapid weight loss:
Phase 1: Liver detoxification
This phase is designed to help you get a quick start with the program — it’s all about losing weight as quickly as you can. Basically, your liver is the organ that burns the most fat, so this phase will cleanse it so you can lose the most weight possible.
Brian will give you 17 types of vegetables you can eat and 6 types of protein you can consume. He’ll also recommend some supplements (like vitamins A, C, and D) that will help detoxify your liver further.
You’ll stick with this phase for 7 days. You might see some quick results during this time too!
Phase 2: Fasting for 24 hours
Here’s one unique part of the program: You’ll be fasting for a short while, starting from the last meal on the 7th day until dinner on the 8th day.
This phase is designed to completely cleanse your liver and increase the fat-burning process further. Of course, you’ll need to deploy all of your willpower because you’re going to be even hungrier for a while!
Phase 3: The Fat Fast Diet
On day 9 of the program, you’ll begin the Fat Fast Diet for 3 days.
You might be surprised to learn that fat doesn’t actually make you fat (in fact, it’s sugar that makes you fat). Once you know this, you’ll be less likely to be shocked by what you’ll be doing in this phase: getting 80% of your calories from fat! This doesn’t make you gain weight; rather, it’ll trigger your liver to start burning fat as energy.
Phase 4: A specific plan based on your BMR
From day 12 to 21 of the program, you’ll be taking your basal metabolic rate (BMR) — which is basically how much energy you burn while at rest — and following a calorie plan that works for your body.
For the last segment of the program, you’ll know exactly how many calories you need to consume to finish the diet strong. At this point you should be burning a lot of fat, and this last phase will help you optimize your results.
Pros and cons of the program
Of course, there are good and bad features to any diet program. So to round out our 3 Week Diet review, let’s take a look at the strong and weak points of the program.
- LOW TIME COMMITMENT: The 3 Week Diet is ideal for people who are very busy. You don’t have to think too much about what to eat, and the workouts are designed to be completed within 15 minutes.
- FAST RESULTS: It’s tough for a lot of people to stick with diets because the results come in so slowly. Who wants to work their butt off for weeks only to see a 1- or 2-pound weight loss? The 3 Week Diet promises to get you quick results so your motivation snowballs.
- COMPREHENSIVE: There are weight-loss plans that only focus on what you eat. The 3 Week Diet, on the other hand, is a holistic plan for weight loss. Not only does it give you a plan for what to eat, but it also gives you high-intensity workouts so you can burn fat. Furthermore, it acknowledges that motivation is a big part of keeping on track with a weight-loss program, so it gives you tools to solidify your mindset.
- YOU NEED WILLPOWER: This is worth repeating because it’s so important to know before you buy the course. If you don’t consider yourself a highly motivated person, you may want to seriously reconsider starting this program because you’ll need to maintain an eating regimen drastically different from what you’re used to.
- HUNGER PANGS: Like we’ve touched on above, during this program you’ll need to significantly decrease your food intake. So yes, you will be hungry! This is especially true between the 7th and 8th days, when you’ll need to fast to cleanse your liver.
- AUTHOR RECOMMENDS SUPPLEMENTS: For best results, Brian advises adding supplements to your diet. If you choose to go with supplements, you might end up spending more than you’d originally wanted for this program. (But do note that you can go through the entire course without purchasing any supplements.)
Our 3 Week Diet review: Final verdict
You need motivation to achieve a lot of the good things in life, and that’s especially true here. This diet certainly isn’t for slackers!
But the program has a lot of great things going for it as well: the potential for rapid weight loss, a holistic plan to burn fat, and a low time commitment for extremely busy people. Overall, if you’re willing to put in the work, you should definitely give the 3 Week Diet a shot.